The Jubilee Centre, Sheffield
All day event
Coping With Caring - Avoiding Burnout
The title of this excellent training day is: 'Coping with Caring (Avoiding Burnout)'
An interactive training day, for all those working in a caring environment (not just church leaders). The day will include times of didactic training as well as group work.
During the day we will look at:
- How we understand our roles and responsibilities in life and the stresses which can arise in carrying those roles and responsibilities.
- How to prioritise the different roles we have to lessen stress.
- Recognising the way Christian values clash with the values of a secular workplace
- How we look after ourselves
- Considering the interactions we have with those we are caring for
- How we can learn not to be led by the needs of others - thereby avoiding emotional burnout
- Group work involving working through scenarios to help us show compassion without becoming burnt out
Ginny is well known for her pastoral care and prophetic gifts and we are looking forward to her sharing from the depth of knowledge she has gained over many years of caring for people who need support.
Ginny's Christian journey began in 1972. Following a path of calling to the prophetic, she became involved in the church which later became City Church Sheffield. Ginny serves City Church and other ChristCentral churches in a variety of different ways which involves exercising her prophetic gift, pastoral care and teaching. Currently she describes her role in the words of Jeremiah chapter 1:7b "You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you."
Booking is now open click here to book in today!